Our new project promotes the benefits of volunteering for health and well-being!
Volunteering on Prescription is for people with stable mental health needs who are supported by their GP or their carers form Kensington and Chelsea, Queens Park and Paddington area.
You can sign up for at least 5 different activities such as:
- Community team volunteering such as play day with children, gardening within your community, reading groups, community events, arts and creative activities
- Training and workshop such as stress management, confidence building, communication skills, mentoring and peer support
- Well-being awareness campaigns – Mental Health Awareness Week, Learning Disability Awareness Week, Well-being Days etc
You can also get involved in co-designing different volunteering activities or delivering them!
This project will support you to:
- Improve your skills, knowledge, self-confidence and attitudes leading to personal and professional development
- Create social opportunities
- Become empowered to take responsibility for own well-being through helping others
- Increase knowledge on ways to well-being and keeping motivated
If you would like to improve your health and well-being we can prescribe ways to be more active, less isolated and more connected with others.
Your role would be to:
- Care for your community and reach a sense of achievement through voluntary work
- Learn and develop new skills participating in training and workshops
- Get involved and help developing more activities for other people
- Be a well-being ambassador and talk with other people about health and well-being
How to access the project:
You can refer yourself by contacting Volunteering on Prescription team or completing the form on this website. Alternatively you can also ask your GP or other professional involved in your care to refer you to our team.
Get in touch to develop your own well-being plan and begin your new journey for a more active and fulfilling life
Tel: 02089603722 or email: Iuliana Dinu – Iuliana.firstname.lastname@example.org